My first ever dolls house!

After months of searching, loosing auctions and lots of frustration, I finally won the auction on a dolls house this weekend!!! Just when I decided I will have to build one myself! haha And at a ridiculous price! Vintage, will need lots of renovation and TLC, but I don't mind!! I was soooo excited, I could barely breathe!! And here she is (not the best picture, was taken immediately as I walked in the door with her, more pictures to follow soon!):




I've already cleaned her out, removed all the carpets (not glued thankfully!) and curtains. Some water damage, no stairs or front door, and a LOT of research for me to do!! So far all info I could gather indicates it's a mock Tudor from the 1940's. I will be keeping the exterior as is, just give it a new coat of paint and restore whatever's needed. The inside will not be decorated in a Tudor style however - I hear some of you gasping at this, let me explain!

One of the main reasons I was looking for a dolls house, was to use it as a prop/background to take pictures of my miniature paintings for Little Canvas. I will need to decorate in neutral colours, and different styles, so as to show of my paintings best. I've already started looking at wallpaper, carpet and fabric samples for the curtains. 

I will keep you updated on my progress as I go along. On a very tight budget, I will have to figure out a way to create most things myself, even some furniture! If you have any ideas, suggestions or advice, feel free to share in the comments below, as it will be most welcome!

---------------------
Thank you for stopping by Little Canvas! If you are a first time visitor, welcome! I would be honoured if you would take a moment to leave a comment; subscribe to my blog or like my Facebook page, Little Canvas. Do keep in touch, I love to hear from new (and old) friends! Until next time, keep well!